Disclosure: Hotels.com asked me to share my ideas on this guide to visiting Atlantic City with kids.
If you do decide to travel at this time, we suggest that you take the following precautions: wear a face mask; bring hand sanitizer and wash your hands on a regular basis; check official websites for the latest updates; and book a hotel with free cancellation in case your plans need to change.
Atlantic City is a lot like the other Jersey Shore beach towns but with the addition of some casinos. Plenty of families visit Atlantic City just for the beach and the entertainment it provides. There’s plenty to do in Atlantic City with kids beyond the Atlantic City beaches, including the Atlantic City boardwalk and the Atlantic City Aquarium. In terms of where to stay in Atlantic City with kids, there are some well-known hotels right on the beach, like the Tropicana Atlantic City and the Hard Rock Hotel Atlantic City. There are plenty of places to eat in Atlantic City with kids, especially great Italian food.
- 1 Where To Stay in Atlantic City With Kids
- 2 Fun Things To Do in Atlantic City With Kids
- 3 Places To Eat in Atlantic City For Kids
- 4 Map: Atlantic City With Kids
Where To Stay in Atlantic City With Kids
The best places to stay in Atlantic City with kids are right on the beach and the Atlantic City boardwalk. The big resorts have great pools for when the kids want to leave the beach. Moreover, the Atlantic City boardwalk provides endless opportunities for entertainment.
Some of our favourite resorts to stay in Atlantic City with kids are:
- The Tropicana Atlantic City is an all-in-one hotel and entertainment complex and one of the best places in Atlantic City to visit with kids. More than 2,000 rooms are available and, the whole family can enjoy attractions like IMAX, pools, shops, and restaurants at this tropical-themed mega-resort.
- The Hard Rock Hotel Atlantic City has more than 2,000 rooms, panoramic ocean views, an indoor pool, and a private beach area to keep the whole family entertained.
- The Resorts Casino Hotel Atlantic City is a favorite among visitors with children because of its location near Steel Pier amusement park. There are also indoor and outdoor heated pools and the much-loved Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville restaurant.
Fun Things To Do in Atlantic City With Kids
There are plenty of things to do in Atlantic City with kids beyond just the famous Atlantic City beaches.
Atlantic City Beaches
Obviously the biggest attraction in the area for families are the five miles of white sandy Atlantic City beaches. Rent an umbrella and some sun chairs and soak up the rays. Sign the kids up for some surfing lessons, or pair up and enjoy a kayaking trip on the Atlantic. Tons of restaurants are also within walking distance for when you get hungry.
Atlantic City Cruises
Get the whole family on board one of the Atlantic City Cruises and spot pods of dolphins frolicking in the water. Highly trained marine experts on board will introduce you to all kinds of interesting information about these lively Atlantic waters.
Atlantic City Aquarium
Kids love aquariums so head to the Atlantic City Aquarium where you can see the likes of sea horses, eels, jellyfish, and sharks. We have visited lots of aquariums, such as the Mystic Aquarium in Connecticut and the Haus des Meeres in Austria and they are always a family favourite. The touch tank will give children an in-depth look at the ocean’s smaller inhabitants. Creatures like hermit crabs and sea urchins are on display here.
Atlantic City Boardwalk
The 5 1/2 mile long Atlantic City Boardwalk is the largest boardwalk in the world with hundreds of shops and restaurants running alongside it.
Atlantic City Piers
Steel Pier is an iconic part of Atlantic City’s skyline and it dates back more than 100 years! The Observation Wheel offers spectacular views of the city and thrill-seekers can get a rush from a variety of rollercoasters and rides. There are also plenty of carnival games, and food stalls for those who like to keep their feet firmly on the ground.
Atlantic City Arcade
Kids in Atlantic City will love the NASCAR-style go-carts on the outdoor racetrack and at the arcade gaming center.
Atlantic City Mini Golf
This 18-hole-mini golf course is one of the best things to do in Atlantic City with kids. The complex course features contours and elevations, real waterfalls, and greenery all around.
Other Kid-Friendly Atlantic City Attractions
You won’t believe your eyes at the Ripley’s Believe It Or Not auditorium, displaying all kinds of oddities from around the world sure to entrance children.
There’s also the IMAX theater where the screen stands 5.5 stories high and plays various 3D movies.
Kids will love clambering on top of the six-story Lucy The Elephant located in Margate a few miles south of Atlantic City. Lucy was created from wood and tin in the late 19th century to promote real estate in the area.
Places To Eat in Atlantic City For Kids
There are plenty of places to eat in Atlantic City for kids who want casual but good food. This being New Jersey, the Italian food is excellent.
Some of our favourite places to eat in Atlantic City with kids are:
- The Broadway Burger Bar where in addition to the burgers you’d expect, they serve monster milkshakes with cookies, cereal, pretzels, and sweets stacked sky-high on top.
- Carmine’s Italian Restaurant serves excellent spaghetti and other Italian food. for more.
- Tony Boloney’s and his world-famous taco pizza is a must with the kids. Here you will find all kinds of scrumptious combinations such as mac-n cheese pizza.
Map: Atlantic City With Kids
Here’s a map of the locations for the Atlantic City with kids resorts, attractions and restaurants mentioned in this article to help you with planning purposes.
SPREAD THE WORD! PIN THIS TO YOUR TRAVEL PINTEREST BOARDS FOR FUTURE REFERENCE!
This article has been done in collaboration with Hotels.com. We have self-funded our travel to Atlantic City, including any hotels mentioned herein.
This site generates income via partnerships with carefully-curated travel and lifestyle brands and/or purchases made through links to them at no extra cost to you. More information may be found on our Disclosure Policy.